Sunday 17 March 2013

Haircare Routine



Helloo! this is post is on my current hair routine.
My hair is brunette, medium thickness and medium length. It gets pretty dry occasionally and pretty frizzy - (Especially after blow drying) never fun. If you guys are interested I will do a seperate post on hair care tools. 
And remember, this is just what  works for me! I love these products but of course everyone's hair is different.

So here are all my main products... 
(not including shampoo and conditioner - I'll talk about those in another post)



Left to right: Wella high hair crystal styler, Leo Bancroft widetooth comb, L'oreal  Elvive extraordinary oil, Tigi S factor smoothing lusterizer, Charles Worthington Salon at home intense rescue melting balm, Tres semme heat defence spray, Tangle Teaser, L'Oreal Elnette Satin Diamond hold hairspray 


 Voila. Firstly, the tools I use to tackle my hair:



I use the wide tooth comb to comb through my conditioner in the shower and detangle. The tangle teaser is for pretty much the same purpose, only when I get out. Tangle teasers are absolutely amazing! I love how fun the colour range is, they even come in smaller pocket-sizes. It really does get through your hair smoothly without pulling or snagging your hair meaning minimum breakage - great!  It can be a bit awkward to hold in the larger size but it's a small price to pay. It retails at £10.99 at Boots (well worth it).

Wella High Hair Crystal Styler

I had this used on me a longg time ago in the hairdressers and I'm not gonna lie it was the smell that attracted me. I love that kind of 'hair salon' product smell. But I generally refuse to buy things from the hairdressers just because they're so damn expensive. Luckily I found this on sale in a random bargain store. It's basically like a 'setting lotion' which helps your hair stay in place when you style it. So I'll spray this on my hair just before I blow dry it :)


L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil

I LOVE this hair oil. It's majorly multipurpose and I use it for so many different things. I run it through the ends of my hair before shampooing to really nourish my ends. I'll also use it through the ends before I blow-dry my hair to stop them splitting and finally I'll use it to smooth down any fly-aways or frizzy strands straight after I've dried my hair. It's amazing purely because it never ever leaves my hair feeling greasy, just wonderfully nourished. The smell is also phenomenal! It literally smells so good. I use the one for all hair types but there is also one for coloured hair which I imagine would be a lot more intense and moisturising. It's also pretty reasonably priced at £9.99 in Boots- Here. Especially in comparison to Moroccan oil and things. I've actually never tried Moroccan oil but I've read a fair few blog posts were bloggers actually prefer this one. I'd love to give the Mythic Oil a try also - any opinions?




This is the Tigi S factor Smoothing lusterizer. I basically use this to tame any pesky fly-aways and keep frizz down to a minimum. I used to detest this product before I worked out what I was doing wrong.. i.e. using too much. It's a thick cream which makes your hair gorgeously shiny and tamed. The key is to use a small pea-sized amount, rub it in-between your fingers and then through damp hair before drying. Anddd.. it smells like strawberries and cream - need I say more ladies? it smells truly edible (You may have guessed already i'm a sucker for a product that smells yummy). You can get it off Amazon here (£11.75)


Charles Worthington Salon at Home Intense Rescue Melting Balm

I first heard about this product through an enthusiastic you-tuber named Fleur de Force (Check her out she's great). Basically it's an intense mask for your hair to 'rescue thirsty, damaged and over-styled hair'. You scoop about a teaspon of the balm onto your fingertips and start the rub it between your fingers and it quickly turns into an oil. You then rub this through dry hair and comb through so it penetrates your hair. After 20 minutes you hop on into the shower and shampoo as normal. This balm leaves my hair feeling as if I've just walked out of the hairdressers
. My hair feels so much softer and so much healthier and Ahh I just love it. The dominant ingredient in this is coconut oil which is well known for it's water retention properties and helping keep your hair hydrated. I use this as needed really, depending on how my hair's feeling! It smells amazing and really feels like a total salon treatment. It's pretty affordable too at £16.99 from Boots, BUT it's nearly always on sale for £11.33 - here


TRESemme Heat Defence Styling Spray

Many of you will probably know this spray his highly acclaimed across the beauty world and I'm definitely a lover of this product. I use a hairdryer and other various heat tools on my hair fairly regularly so it's important I do damage control as best as I can. The spray bottle means you get a really good mist of the product and you simply spray it all over wet hair before drying or on dry hair before styling. The smell is perfectly pleasant and I feel like it really does it's job. Just a solid heat defence spray to rely on. It's usually £4.69 in Boots (it's on sale at the moment though!) - here

L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray - Diamond Hold

I love this hairspray because it sprays so finely. It doesn't make your hair crispy or wet and it's perfect for smoothing down stray hairs in any hairstyle. I particularly love this 'Diamond Hold' version which makes your hair extra shiny!
A lot of people have said they don't like the smell of this hairspray but I personally really don't mind it all. Due to demand however they did bring out an unfragranced version. I couldn't find this particular one on the boots website but there are so many variations - here



A final additional product I use as needed is.. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Tropical

I use this to freshen up my roots in-between washes, I just love the smell of this one! There are so many different fragrances though so you're bound to find one you like the smell of. - here


So I think that's just about everything.. mega long post I know guys. If you've read to this far congratulations and thank you! 

What are the staples in your haircare routine? Anything not impressed you? 


Much Love, 
                      Natalie  xxx

2 comments:

  1. i love these sorts of posts (:
    i use aussie's 3 minute deep cinditioner every few days since i get my hair colored often.. oops :3
    http://thelittledaintysailor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it :)
    I really want to try that! I love the scent of aussie products!

    ReplyDelete